Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Gentle Smile: Galapagos Tortoise

Posted by Picasa

The Gentle Smile: Galapagos tortoise And there I was, again in the zoo in Quito, watching and photographing. Going to a zoo and watching is important when I want to take pictures. I settle in and try and get a feel for the animals and what is happening rather than just charging in there and click away without any kind of awareness. I like to invest my time in allowing for observing and interaction that might take place. So there I was....watching....waiting ... when a gentle soul of a man walked right up to a tortoise and started petting and stroking the tortoise's head, lovingly, kindly. The tortoise was in rapture, so also so was the man. They had made a connection..... One that I wish other people would just take the time to do too with other creatures. I joyfully watched this take place when I felt someone staring at me. So I turned and looked behind me, and there watching me with approving eyes and slight smile was another tortoise. I also had made a connection. Thank you for the opportunity, gentle old man. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home