Friday, September 24, 2010

Life, Death and Everything in Between: Wild flower

Life, Death and Everything in Between: wild flower There I was walking around with my camera in the mountains. In the afternoon sun there were occasionally in different fields these flowers growing wild. Sometimes in Ecuador you think the powers that be, god or Mother Nature or whoever in the world is in this occupation of creation, had a spasm of happiness and felt that spot there needs a little color and there it pops up. This was also a challenge for me as one time in an art show a passerby said you are not a real artist until you can paint a flower. You have to realize that this was quite a few years ago and it has been festering a bit in my brain. So finally, after seeing this inspiration, I have painted the flower; I guess I am an artist now. I had originally painted it on a sky blue background and found that it was really boring and very typical. I had a thought/fantasy of where the powers that be live or Mother Nature would like to live and came up with this flower sitting in the living room, jazzing it up. The results pleased me a great deal. I love the pink against the blue and the texture differences. Give yourself the right to play and experiment, the results may surprise you. Robin

1 Comments:

At March 4, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

Hi Robin, Just sitting at my computer with Teyjah and enjoying your artwork...amazing great work. Sending you our hellos.
Valerie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home