Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Up for a View: Sea Turtle


Up for a View: Sea Turtle I was traveling on my own for the first time in a long time, with the sole purpose of photographing wildlife for paintings. I had decided to visit what they call, "The Poor Man's Galapagos". It is an island of the coast of Ecuador near the pueblo of Puerto Lopez. This is a lovely little town, nice people and good food. This is Isla Plato. Isla Plato or it English is called Island of silver/money, depending how you want to look at it. There is supposed to be treasure buried there but I found animals and birds, the real treasure. Mostly birds seemed to dominate the place. I am really a person who prefers mammals to birds but here was the chance for something different, a turtle. This creature is the valiant, long living modern day dinosaur. I happened with great luck to capture it on my camera. These creatures are so in need of protection and be allowed to live as they deserve. There are special places along the beaches of Puerto Lopez that protect their nesting sites, you can also volunteer to help them or donate moneys to this deserving cause. Anyway enough of my rant, here are the results of the turtle. In water which was busy, and distracting I caught its' head. There you have it, be quick or you will miss him. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home