Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spring Cleaning: Cougar

Spring Cleaning: Cougar As you have already figured out, I love the cat family. In this case also known as Puma. We also have this animal in Canada, and I was surprised to see this cat also here, looking very much the same in size and color. What kind of shocked me though was while I was at the zoo observing and taking endless photos was this cat corkscrewed its tail. I stood agog with still taking photos of a crazy tail. I don't know if it was annoyed or what but for photographic evidence I have the proof. Normally, in Canada, we are not able to get as close to these cats either in the wild or even zoos, but here the rules can be somewhat flexible and the details of photos are much more easily achieved. In this photo and the resulting painting, I got the opportunity to photograph the details of the teeth and tongue while it was lazily grooming itself in the afternoon sun. Even while in captivity, it was still giving me the feeling of its confidence and strength. In Canada, we still have quite a few of these great animals and here in Ecuador there is less of a respect for these creatures. These animals and their environment are well worth protecting in its many locations in the Americas. Protect those who have no voice. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home