Sunday, March 3, 2013

Underfoot: Flamingo & Blue Footed Boobie

Underfoot: Flamingos & Blue Footed Boobie I love Flamingos. So the last and now this one is also flamingos. It is a two panel piece and it is called: "Underfoot". Yes, that is a little Blue Footed-Boobie underfoot. And Yes, Trevor at irelephant62 giggled like a little girl every time he said the name when he took the photo. He still does. He is actually a fully formed adult male, but honestly.... Anyway this was a fun painting to do. I took more photos of flamingos that you can imagine here in Ecuador. Since these birds can't help but be who they are and very entertaining the whole time, my camera was flashing away. I have hundreds of photos of them and enjoyed them the whole time. The photos of the Blue-footed Boobies were taken on Isla Plato on the Ecuadorian coast. I went there on a tour and could have spent days taking photos. These little guys were always doing there “Boobie” dance and I am glad that my auto advance on my camera was a blazing. Please stop giggling at the name; it wasn't my choice no matter how amusing the name is. The paradox of the two opposites on the dance floor made me think of junior high school and since I am so tall for a female (just under 6'), it just brought back all kinds of memories, including the boys that were late bloomers. Be kind to each other and enjoy life Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home