Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Honey Makers: Bees

The Honey Makers: Bees This was an awesome painting to do. It was geometric in all kinds of directions. It was fun, challenging, colorful and a learning experience. I love how the honey came out in the comb and the dancing bees communicating to the other bees. Although this is a smaller painting, it took as much time as any of the larger paintings due to all the detail. The theme that the bees are representing is: "organization/prepare what you need. What can I provide or do?" This is not a surprising choice but the job of illustration is to emphasize the topic and provide a visual impression. I think I was very successful in achieving this. I can still see the bees in front of me and making me almost dizzy with detail. Still it was fun. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home