Monday, March 4, 2013

Trust in Your Next Step: Polar Bear

Trust in Your Next Step: Polar Bear I absolutely love this painting. I often do fall in love with paintings but I can easily let them go. This painting, for me is just so interesting. I allowed the background of the painting to flow and move and in fact I just let it take me where it wanted to go, and I tell you it was an amazing journey. This is absolutely the perfect demonstration of when a painting was meant to be. How can anyone plan this? The color and light and imagery were all preplanned but not by me. I really worked closely with the authors and often they meditated and I meditated and then on occasion plans and direction were made. The Theme of the painting was to be: Trust in your next step, clarity/know with certainty. Do I understand what is needed? So that said, we were all on the same page. I actually, in the beginning, thought that maybe a frog in a precarious position of reeds might be interesting but I decided to have faith and follow our hearts and let it flow. And boy did it flow. I kept my heart and my intention on the main ideas and meditations that we had all had and made the wet paint flow. I just love this painting. Just as I am making my first steps back into the art world, this is one painting that I might not be able to let go, so that it keeps me on having trust in my first steps. Have faith in yourself, Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home