Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Magic in Wings: Black Necked Swan

Magic on the Wing: Black Necked Swan Well this is a painting that was created for the book to represent: Humility: Know where you are great. How important am I? The first choices were Trumpet or Whistling Swans. I was still geared to try and paint as many Ecuadorian wildlife as possible. I think that this painting was where my mind opened up to other animal life worldwide. Yes, this is an Ecuadorian/South American animal but it let me realize I still want to paint as many animals as possible in my life, everything deserved attention. In my research for a swan from Ecuador so many other animals also showed up on my screen. It was like the wings were casting a spell to opening doors for others that want to be represented also. The painting background let me play. I applied the background paint like water color and let it mix and flow as it liked. Then we everything had dried I followed it with more dense color. The shapes that have been created were from the flow, I only instinctually followed. Again the subject, the animal was happy to be there: the background seemed to naturally do what it was meant to do to enhance the painting. Don't get in the way of your life. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home