Monday, March 4, 2013

Hookah monkey: Spider Monkey

Hookah Monkey: Spider Monkey This monkey is in the zoo in Banos. The Banos zoo is really amazing in its construction. It is built on a rock cliff face viewing the Pastaza River. Although this is not the San Diego Zoo where there are entire staffs of people looking for not only the physical health of the animal but the emotional, they are trying. As time progresses, I hope that they deal to a huge extent the happiness of the animals in all regards, but they are in process. That said, this very regal leader of this clan of monkeys behind a fence just posed for me while I took pictures of his regal self. So when it came time to paint him, he just dictated to me the royalty he desired. His air was one of great dignity and pride. So the colors behind him, I hope illustrate who he seemed to me to be. I do like to paint animals in their natural environment, but I also like to paint the feeling of who they are with color and shape. To me this is just as valuable as their environment. So there you have him, regal on a beautiful silk pillow with golden tassels. This is how we should treat them, wild life our noble neighbors. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home