Monday, March 4, 2013

Fluidity: Dolphin

Fluidity: Dolphins I love the dolphins. I have not had a lot of opportunity to be one on one with them. When I was a child, my family went to Sea World in San Diego, big trip since we were living in Canada at the time. I was a thinking kind of kid and I saw a pool of dolphin, at that time the pool was built in such a way that petting could happen if you were just so. So I fit in just so. There was a dolphin waiting for me, so naturally I started petting it. I was kind of like a wet watermelon in texture as I recall, but then I was a kid at the time. I looked into its eyes and had a connection, I could have stayed there all day and just touched it, with all the love that a young kid can give and it was quite willing to be there also. Of course this was a busy park and another child ran noisily over and popped our intimacy bubble, to where the dolphin snapped at the intruder. But as my parents called me away, I looked back and we connected again to say good bye. That was when I became hooked on loving wildlife. So yes, this painting is called "Fluidity" but it also expresses the love that dolphin are. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home